Monday, July 13, 2015

Cowboy Cookies

I've been eating Cowboy Cookies since I was a little girl and they were probably the very first thing I baked. I'm not sure where my Mom got the recipe but they became a family favorite right after the first batch came out of the oven. They are everything I love in a cookie, just the right amount of chewiness, crunchiness and melty chocolate chips...yum! The dough freezes really well, I usually bake a dozen and freeze the rest in perfect little balls, ready to take out and bake when I'm craving a taste of my childhood. Both my kids love to help make Cowboy Cookies, even more, they love to eat them!



Cowboy Cookies
makes about 3 dozen, depending on size

Preheat oven to 350

2 C white, granulated sugar
1 C brown sugar
2 sticks of butter, room temp
1/2 tsp salt

Cream these 4 ingredients with a handheld mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment, add and mix in;

1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 C all purpose flour
2 C oats, I use Quaker 'Quick-1-Minute' Oats

And last, mix in 1 heaping cup of chocolate chips, I've used semi-sweet, milk or a combination 

Use a spoon to scoop and drop about 1-2 tbsp of dough, depending on how big you like your cookies
Bake for 10-15 minutes depending on size of cookie, check at 10 minutes and add 1-2 minutes at a time if not done to your liking
Mine usually take around 11-13 minutes. 



Try and let cool before eating...


Kid approved!


Happy Baking!
~erin

No comments:

Post a Comment